I need help expanding the Master List Of Vegan Info.
As some of you may already know, I’ve been working on this project for a couple of years now:
My goal is to have as comprehensive a resource for Vegan info as possible, in an attempt to answer every question a human might possibly have in regards to our interaction with nonhuman animals.
Recently however, due to time constraints imposed on me by both various offline and online activity, I’ve gotten hopelessly behind on both collecting and organizing links for inclusion in that list.
I’m looking for some person or persons to help me with the organizational aspect primarily. I still have some time to collect links, but I don’t have much time to investigate whether those links belong on the list/why/what section, or to check whether they are already on there. In addition, I could use minimal help with collecting the links, as your time permits (basically just in case you see any that catch your eye).
I would appreciate for anyone interested in helping me to friend me on FB (if you and I are not already friends) and PM me stating you’d like to help.
I am looking for people who fit the following criteria:
A) You are 100% Abolitionist Vegan who is anti-SIC and anti-violence.
B) You have some significant amount of free time each week (state how much in your communication).
C) You are capable of discerning both relevance and accuracy in the content of pro-Vegan information.
The work you’ll be performing (one or more of these, depending on your time and ambition):
1. I have a list of links that I need organized into 2 groups: viable and questionable.
Viable links are ones that are pro-Abolitionist Vegan in tone (Or at least contain accurate scientific or other information that supports Veganism) and contain no blatantly irrational or factually false information or welfarist/speciesist/pro-violence content and will be immediately added to the list by me without further verification (I am trusting you).
Questionable links include ones that have partial Veganic info and may have welfarist/speciesist/pro-violence info or links included in the content, but are pro-Abolitionist Vegan in tone, and will be further verified by me for inclusion or dismissal in the master list. A short description noting which section of the master list they should go in for each link (including the sub-section designation) is entirely optional but appreciated.
If you come across links that are not necessarily pro-Vegan in tone, but include any info that supports the idea that Abolitionist Veganism is a more viable way of life than non-Veganism, feel free to make a 3rd category or simply note this with each relevant link.
2. You’ll be looking around on any website or forum you come across in your online surfing and collecting any links that are pro-Vegan in tone.
The hierarchy of importance, from most to least: ethical, medical, environmental, then Veganism-related. Recipe/fitness sites are acceptable but of much lower priority. Also, it would be helpful to concentrate on areas of the existing list that are sparse and need expanding.
3. You’ll be verifying that said links are pro-Vegan and that any claims as far as logic and science on said links are factually accurate (to the best of your ability). The same goes for the new links re: the description in #1 re: welfare/speciesism/violence.
4. You’ll send links to me through PM or email periodically so that I can include them in the master list. Your list should follow the format of my Master List with the same structure of headers for each sub-section. Each link should be in the format on my Master List i.e. the title above and the link below. Titles that are the actual title should have quotes before and after and ones such as “so and so’s blog” etc. should have no quotes.
5. If, after you perform any one or more of the above actions, you wish to optionally go through the existing content on the master list and make any notes as to whether a link should be moved to another section, and why, or should be deleted from the list altogether, I would welcome that. In fact, any ideas on re-organization are welcome.
6. The same as number 5, except you’ll be adding titles to the existing links on The Master List that have no titles with them. Titles that are the actual title of the page on the site should have quotes before and after and ones such as “so and so’s blog” etc. should have no quotes.
Note: I may accept or reject your conclusions regarding any specific link at any time, for any reason, stated or otherwise (although as time permits I will endeavor to explain to the best of my ability). Please do not take this personally. Your work will be much appreciated and inclusion of links on the list does not reflect on your character in any way. Only on my strictness for certain criteria, whether I have previously adhered to those criteria, or they are new. In fact, I commonly anticipate that less than half the links that any one person finds (myself included) will ultimately be added to the list. Anything more will be a pleasant surprise to me. Please remember, we’re not doing this for our own sake, but in an attempt to completely halt a system of horrendous atrocities.
Also, I’m not sure I can offer any compensation for this work, except for the knowledge that I will be using the powerful fruits of your labor in advocating that the exploitation of nonhumans comes to a swift and joyful end for all involved (and possibly credit in terms of a resume if possible). And you can feel free to use the list in your own advocacy as well.
If you’re not already Vegan, and you think animals matter morally, then please go Vegan. It’s easy and great for you, incredible for the animals, and wonderful for the planet. If you’re already Vegan, please educate non-Vegans about why they should go Vegan. Please rescue, volunteer, adopt, foster, spay, and neuter the nonhuman refugees of domestication whenever you can. Please feed your nonhuman family Vegan where you can. These things are the most important, morally responsible things to do and are desperately needed by everyone.
To learn more about Abolitionist Veganism and the issues I’ve outlined in this post, check out The Master List Of Vegan Info:
Disclaimer: My only goal with this list is to produce as comprehensive a resource for Vegan information as possible. I am 100% Abolitionist Vegan and 100% against exploitation of nonhuman or human animals, any type of violence against human or nonhuman persons or property, welfare regulation, any form of speciesism, ethnic bigotry, genderism, ableism, heterosexism, etc., any of the large governmental or non-governmental nonhuman animal organizations, “happy meat,” vegetarianism, veg*nism, Meat-Free Mondays, or other forms of reductionism and anything else that makes it seem like any form of violence or exploitation of animals is ok. If any of those positions are endorsed on any site in this list, or any language is used to imply that, it’s not that I included that link because I agree, but simply because I don’t control every bit of information on all of these sites.